100 Point Rating Guide
|96-100||Extraordinary||A wine of finesse, complexity, and expression. True to variety and region. Perfect balance of flavors with a long finish.|
|90-95||Excellent||True to variety and region, with terrific complexity and balance. While not a wine for the ages, a superior example.|
|85-89||Good||Meets your expectations, with sound flavors and balance. Might have limited complexity or be short on the palate. A sound wine.|
|80-84||Average||Drinkable, might not have as much varietal character. Simple flavors, no flaws, but nothing special.|
|75-79||Below Average||Might contain one flaw, simple straight-forward flavors, off-balance, unpleasant.|
|60-74||Undrinkable, Flawed||Contains significant flaws. Unpleasant, not commercially acceptable.|
|Need some help?|
1 User Review
Jul 08, 2008
- Alcoholic, raisins, rose petals, bitter on the finish. Soft. Earthy spice but bitter aftertaste. On the 2nd taste after open for a while, much mellower, smooth fig with blue/black fruits. Earthy. MUST decant!
- Smoky, berry, cranberry/currant. Very smooth & warming. Deep, rich best if decanted.
- Nice nose, complex. A bit hot. Favorite red.
- Potpourri. Very strong dried flowers on the nose, glue, dried clay nose, cloves, vanilla. Mild finish.
- Hot nose (alcohol). Warm all the way down. Better with time. Light, fruit, tannin.
- Really like this syrah, the only flaw is that it’s slightly watery at times.
- Nice, smoky, chalky and all around nice. A bit tart on the close.