100 Point Rating Guide
|96-100||Extraordinary||A wine of finesse, complexity, and expression. True to variety and region. Perfect balance of flavors with a long finish.|
|90-95||Excellent||True to variety and region, with terrific complexity and balance. While not a wine for the ages, a superior example.|
|85-89||Good||Meets your expectations, with sound flavors and balance. Might have limited complexity or be short on the palate. A sound wine.|
|80-84||Average||Drinkable, might not have as much varietal character. Simple flavors, no flaws, but nothing special.|
|75-79||Below Average||Might contain one flaw, simple straight-forward flavors, off-balance, unpleasant.|
|60-74||Undrinkable, Flawed||Contains significant flaws. Unpleasant, not commercially acceptable.|
|Need some help?|
1 User Review
Jul 08, 2008
- Not a lot of depth. Tobacco, dusty cocoa, wet leaves. Bitter. On 2nd taste: Sweet fig, smooth smoke, dusty blackberry.
- Much lighter, not a lot of fruit. berry.
- Takes a detour from great – finishes off..
- Very musty and old. On the nose, smells like hot dogs & melted cheese. Nice flavor, clean finish, slightly tart on the tongue.
- Ruby, light alcohol, smooth finish (Rhone nose)
- Hot pastrami with melted Swiss cheese, spicy and dry on the palate. Hot. Quick finish, slightly watery.
- Spicy pomegranate, enjoyable. A bit soft, drink now. Integrated tannins.