From the retailer...
Our goal is to provide the widest selection of high-quality wines at competitive prices. Please contact us toll-free at 1-888-545-WINE if there is something we can help you find.
Things to consider when shipping wine
1. Hot or cold weather conditions. Wine is perishable: We are located in Washington State. If you are shipping to the south or other hot climate, we suggest shipping 3-day express or higher during the summer months to preserve the integrity of the wine. Ground from our location to New York is 5 Days in a hot truck. Not good for wine. Express gets the wine to New York by air.
2. Adult Signature Required: When shipping wine, federal law requires an adult signature by the recipient. The carrier will make three attempts for a delivery/signature after which the shipment will be returned to us.
3. Gifts: When sending a gift shipment, make sure recipient will be home during normal delivery hours. Also, be sure to include a gift card message(Located below the address information in the shopping cart).
4. Business Delivery: This is preferable because someone is always there to sign and it is somewhat less expensive.
We ship to all states except: Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Utah and Tennessee
We do not ship outside the continental US except for Hawaii and Alaska.
Orders will be processed in the order they are received.
Occasionally, some vintages that appear on a web site may be out of stock or worse, sold out from the distributor. When these situations arise, we contact the customer with the following three options, all with no ensuing penalties:
1. Change the order to the current vintage.
2. Delete the out-of-stock item from the order.
3. Cancel the order entirely.
All wines are sold in Washington and title passes to the buyer in Washington. We make no representation to the legal rights of anyone to ship or import wines into any state outside Washington. The buyer is solely responsible for shipment of wines. By placing an order, you authorize us to act on your behalf to engage a common carrier to deliver your wine. By placing an order you represent to us that you are 21 years old or older. When your wine is delivered, the delivery agent will require identification proving that the receiver is 21 years old.The shipping container will be clearly marked stating that the package contains alcohol. AWineStore LLC is not responsible for the return of shipments due to lack of positive ID, and return shipping charges are your responsibility. By placing an order with us, you are stating to us that you are in compliance with your local laws governing alcoholic beverages.
* AWineStore LLC reserves the right to hold shipment of your wine during extreme weather conditions. Although unlikely, we reserve the right to raise prices for shipping/handling without notice. AWineStore LLC cannot be responsible for damage to wine (including leakage or damaged corks) shipped to you against our express protestations in regards to weather conditions.
* AWineStore LLC cannot be responsible for wine damaged by a shipper or inappropriate storage/handling on the part of the buyer, although we will make a reasonable effort to resolve any disputes. We reserve the right to refuse sales if we deem it to be inappropriate and/or unsafe.
* AWineStore LLC cannot be held responsible for wine damaged due to being shipped during periods of extreme heat or extreme cold. We will gladly store your wines free of charge until there are more moderate temperatures. If you must have wine shipped during extreme weather we recommend that you only use air shipping in such cases. Ground shipping times can vary widely and are not guaranteed by the delivery companies leaving your wines exposed to the elements for longer than recommended. If you choose to have your wines shipped using the ground rate, we cannot guarantee the wines condition and will not accept returns of damaged wines due to excessive heat or cold. Please call regarding shipping if you have any questions about the best way to ship you please call prior to placing an order.
* Shipping containers: AWineStore LLC uses Styrofoam and other specially designed packaging containers with protected compartments for each bottle. This has proven to be the most effective packaging available for shipping wine bottles.
* We cannot ship to PO, APO, or FPO box offices.
* We do not ship outside the U.S.
* Orders to Alaska or Hawaii must only be shipped 2nd Day Air.
* For orders larger than 12 bottles, We will ship in separate boxes. Example: 14 bottles will be shipped as 12 bottles and as 2 bottles.
* 2nd Day delivery takes 2 business days from the date of shipment. If you place your order on Monday, the earliest you can hope to receive it would be Wednesday. If you need something delivered the next day, you must select Overnight as your shipping method.
* Overnight and 2nd Day denote BUSINESS DAYS, they do not include Saturday and Sunday. An Overnight shipment placed Friday is a Monday Delivery
* Overnight and 2nd Day orders must be placed by 8:00am central time in order to guarantee same day shipment for in-stock items.Saturday Deliveries must choose "SATURDAY" as the shipping option.
* It is preferable to send 2nd Day and Overnight packages to a business address.
* Incorrect, insufficient, or change of address will incure a $10.00 surcharge.
* We reserve the right to charge return shipping for refused or undelivered packages.
* Shipping is non refundable in event of returned packages
* Please allow up to 2 business days for your order to be processed
OUR RETURN POLICY
Some people are never satisfied, but unless you're one of those, we'll guarantee your satisfaction. If you're not happy with a purchase, we'll do what it takes to make you happy. But we ask our customers to acknowledge that wine is a living thing, easily bruised, damaged, or killed in a variety of ways. All wine sold by us is maintained at optimum conditions. We consider wine to be out of our control once it has been handed over to the shipper. We cannot be responsible for improper storage (storing on top of your refrigerator, in your car, or in your freezer, for example). Know your palate: Older wines (ten years or more) may differ from their characteristics on release - and still be great wines. If you purchase older wines, be patient and allow your mind - and the wine - to open. We cannot accept returns for sound wines that do not coincide with personal tastes. HOWEVER, we will always replace or refund a wine found to be "corked," once it has been returned and determined to be "corked." As a general rule, we will make every effort to resolve return issues to your satisfaction, but AWineStore LLC cannot be responsible for damage as a result of Acts of Nature, so if a tornado carries away your wine cellar, all you get is sympathy. If you need to make a return, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make the process easy for you.